Friday, March 26, 2010

Will hair loss due to Shampoo reaction grow back?

Hi there, I'm 19 years old with a thick full head of hair (as every hair dresser tells me). I was told that the mothers side is the best to look at for hair information and my grandpa has decent amount of hair for someone that is 67(no uncles) so does my fathers side. I have always had a sensitive scalp and skin (needed to use non allergenic soaps and laundry detergent my whole life) and like an idiot after getting my haircut I purchased http://menshair.about.com/od/mensproductguide/gr/bedhead.htm (both the shampoo and conditioner) I thoroughly massaged this into my head and let it sit for a few minutes for about 2-3days in a row, I had an extremely irritated scalp- not really irritated but itchy and when i would wear a hat or hood etc it would be uncomfortable (crown area mostly) for about a day or 2, the irritation has since subsided however i still have a very slight itchiness when i touch the crown area or throw on a hat. I have also noticed some minor hair loss on my scalp area. I know that a reaction to shampoo can cause this so my question is: Will it return? It's very minor however I happen to have a double crown so it tends to stand out a little more now.


Additional info: when I run my hand through my hair in the shower i usually only lose about 4ish hairs and then none when i repeat this. I read that only about 3% of allergic reactions can cause scarring which will be permanent hair loss. I guess the best way to tell is to wait a month (i have extremely fast growing hair) however I figured I'd throw up a question here and see what comes back





THANK YOU!


-JWill hair loss due to Shampoo reaction grow back?
Stay away from all the normal shampoos,they all(98%)contain SODIUM LAUREL/LAURETH SULFATES,you can go grab your stuff now and check the lable.SLS is used in GARAGE/FLOOR CLEANERS/ECT...many of the chemicals are listed by the FDA and the MSDS as CARCINIGENS!





Go to the drugstore and buy LOREAL EVERPURE,it is a new line by Loreal that is 100% SULFATE FREE.I'm sure in the next few years,all the companies will be coming out with SLS FREE products,as we are just now finding out just how BAD they are for some people.And the demand for SF will only rise as people get educated about it:-)





Start taking vitamins too,hair grows from the INSIDE of the body,not the ends...so unless you eat PERFECTLY,your diet is lacking and you need to supplemnet,get OMEGA COMPLEX,BIOTIN(2,500 mgs a day),and a B-COMPLEX,and a MULT VITAMIN.





If you don't improve...get a doctors appt,get a check up and your thyroid tested,a bad one can cause hair loss.Will hair loss due to Shampoo reaction grow back?
Your hair is doomed. I'm a DR. at UC DAVIS and I see this happening on a regular basis. You should look around online and find if their are any pending law suits that you can be apart of. From now on I recommend that you only use non antibacterial dish washing soap for shampoo. It is safe and will minimize any further hair loss.
ok This happens to lot of men and women but most likely your hair will grow back because it is a minor chemical reaction. Stop using this product and wait a while if it still doesnt grow back in a about a month or two go to your local doctor to make sure what is actaully going on
I have found some good tips in following link, It may be good for you too


http://www.beautifulhamesha.com/Hair-Fal鈥?/a>


http://www.beautifulhamesha.com/Hair-Gro鈥?/a>
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
yes just use herbal oils and products and ur hair will return back.
hair is over rated
  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment