Monday, March 29, 2010

Question about hair-loss and shampooing. No matter what brand I use, my hair gets thinner.?

I have been losing my hair slowly but surely since the age of 19. Male pattern baldness runs in my family. I am now 36 and I am very close to just shaving it all off as my hair line is really high and it looks terrible to me. I have noticed that every time I wash my hair, it seems I lose more hair, so much to the point that I am scared to wash my hair. I now only wash it once a week but I hate feeling like I have dirty hair and scalp from product and natural oil. I stopped using hair gel as it made my hair look thinner and I hated the stickiness. I found that Garnier Surf Hair helps make my hair look fuller and I can cover up some of the receding better. I have tried shampooing with Nioxin which is supposed to be the best shampoo for thinning hair but again, after washing I just look more bald! I know there is no cure for male pattern baldness, so I don't really know what I am asking here, haha. I see bums on the streets of Hollywood that look like they haven't showered in weeks and they have a great, thick full head of hair. Maybe I should never wash my hair again? I don't know... Just bummed about losing my hair, could use some feedback. Thanks for listening!Question about hair-loss and shampooing. No matter what brand I use, my hair gets thinner.?
Oral prescription medication - propecia or proscar - 25%-68% success!! Consult a dermatologist or see your family doctor





lotion for the scalp minoxidil (rogaine) - works 25%-40% again ask a dermatologist or family doctor got recommendation!Question about hair-loss and shampooing. No matter what brand I use, my hair gets thinner.?
have you tried tresseme. i have switched over to tresseme 3 months ago and my hair has never been better. my hair has become thicker and shinier


http://www.ericnewsom.com/typeline/tresemme.png
you dont have a shampoo problem, you have early male pattern baldness, sorry.


either shave it or get hair plugs.
im 35 and been balding since i was 20. shave your head. im sure you know its your mothers father to be looking at? thats where the bald genes are. liberate yourself and shave your head
well i really like bedhead and pual micthell...i think they both have great products....maybe u could consult a doctor...they might have a great helper for u....=)
Don't give up on your hair! Most people believe that hairloss is from mothers side of family, but it all honesty it is from both mother and father. However, there are so many wonderful products out there such as Nioxin Shampoo and I have personally watched a dear friend of mine recover from hair loss. Just google it and look at the reviews. Also visit Folica.com, Vitacost.com, and IHerb.com and read the reviews of what others are doing thats been successful. Try taking biotin at night as well!


Good Luck!
Don't use any hair gel/sprays anymore.


Don't use hats to cover your head...


I don't have your hair problem but my hair was getting thin at some point in life, so I changed shampoos from head %26amp; shoulders to treseme to head %26amp; shoulders then changed it to Sunsilk shampoo and Sunsilk conditioners, my hair became thick and heavy.


It worked for my thin hair before. I don't know if it will work for your hair. Good luck.
Actually not washing your will increase hair fall because of the sebum (oily matter) that your hair follicle produces. Fighting hair loss cause by genetics is almost impossible although some doctors I have interviewed claim that it can be stopped, meaning you can certainly slow the process down to a point where your hair stops falling out unnaturally due to sebum or DHT.


I agree with the earlier post that said there are prescription medications but the side effect are not worth it in my opinion.


Before you go and shave your head try some home remedies for hair loss first and without getting into a huge discussion, try eating better by including foods that have the required vitamins you need to grow hair.
  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment